George Shot First
Skywalker Family Fanpage
Galixy Far Far Away
Fan Of Star Wars
Lady Jedi Scientist
The Kessel Runway plus links to some great prequel-themed fashion!
Nilbog’s Storybook Land
Plus, Yancy sent in his top 10 here:
Honorable mentions: the politics (“Politics have been a part of the Saga since A New Hope, and George painted a much clearer picture of how the Star Wars Universe operates… The Prequels are a beautiful warning about just how fragile a republic can be, and how people are willing to give up their freedoms, all in the name of security… a very good warning for today.”) and Rick McCallum (“The man was a tremendous ambassador for George, for Star Wars, and for the fans. I miss his infectious energy, and his unwavering desire to see George’s vision put on the screen.”).
10) Cinematography – George’s wonderful cinematography realized by David Tattersall frequently plays back in my head. Star Wars was now huge in its scope, matching other cinema masters like David Lean and Akira Kurosawa in its visual language… and the ending of ROTS was like a visual trip into Dante’s Inferno.
9) The villains – Darth Sideous, Darth Maul, Count Dooku… all memorable, and deliciously evilllll… MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
8) Anakin & Padme – Lucas and McCallum both said their relationship was more akin to courtly love, and that’s exactly what we got on screen (which seemed to be completely missed by a lot of fanboys). Their relationship is Greek Tragedy & Shakespeare rolled into one.
7) Qui-Gon-Jinn: Yeah I needed more of this character in the Prequels, but what we did get was amazing. Qui-Gon is one of the most memorable characters in the entire series.
6) The incomparable John Williams… nuff said.
5) Trisha Biggar – Need I say more. Just amazing work in the Prequels, full of new ideas, and concepts that grew the galaxy by leaps and bounds.
4) The Fall of Anakin: Through three films we watched Anakin go from “The kindest boy in the universe,” to a selfish and angry young man obsessed with power, and making things the way HE wants them to be. Kudos to George for not taking the easy road, and sticking to his vision
3) Obi-Wan: While I’ve always liked Obi-Wan, the Prequel Trilogy and Clone Wars TV series turned the venerable Jedi Knight into my favorite character in the Saga… NOW GIVE ME MY SPIN OFF MOVIE!
2) The Clone Wars – Yeah not the Prequel films, but the introduction of the Clone Wars TV series added so many layers of depth to the era. Just an amazing run… I still miss the show desperately.
1) Obi-Wan/Padme Balcony Scene – RoTS: By far the most emotionally powerful, yet beautifully understated scene in the entire Saga, Two characters dancing around the truth, and two characters about to make fateful decisions that will change the galaxy. Some of Lucas’ best work in the Saga, and some of Williams most haunting music.
Note: I’ll keep updating as I get more links and posts. Thanks!