Remember my top 10 Anakin/Padmé movie moments from last year? As promised, I’ve listed my top 10 favorite Anakin/Padmé moments from the Clone Wars series (2008-2014).
“A Distant Echo,” Unaired “Bad Batch” arc—Anakin Gets Jealous of Padmé pin-up art
One of the disadvantages of being in a secret marriage is that there’s not much you can say when others are drooling over your wife, i.e. “I wouldn’t mind negotiations with her.” As far as Anakin as concerned, that kind of thing is for his eyes only.
10. (“Bombad Jedi,” S1)—Jar Jar Finds Anakin’s Robe on Padmé’s ship
Before disguising himself as a Jedi, Jar Jar finds Anakin’s cloak hanging on a peg on Padme’s ship, wink wink. When he wonders aloud what it’s doing there, Threepio acts dumb. At least it wasn’t Anakin’s pants.
9. (“Overlords,” S3)—Anakin talks to “Shmi” about Padmé
In one of many surreal scenes on Mortis, Anakin believes he has been reunited with his deceased mother Shmi (voiced by Pernilla August). He talks to Shmi about Padmé and says Padmé is everything to him. That’s right before it’s revealed Shmi is really the Son who flips out and says Padmé is a poison to Anakin.
8. (“The Zillo Beast Strikes Back,” S2)—Anakin saves Padmé from the Zillo Beast
An old-fashioned save-the-damsel-in-distress moment but she does call him “Ani” in her desperation to be saved.
7. (Clone Wars film)—Padmé goes to save Anakin
If Palpatine didn’t know what was going on between Anakin and Padmé before, this scene would’ve removed all doubt. Not too many senators would take that kind of personal interest in a Jedi.
6. (“Evil Plans,” S3)—Anakin reassures Padmé her party is going to be great
Here Anakin has learned the wise adage “happy wife, happy life.” He all but tells the droids his ability to get any later on depends on their mission to pick up the cake succeeding.
5. (“Crisis At The Heart,” S6)—Anakin and Padmé patch things up
The Clovis arc nearly busted up our favorite couple but after Anakin goes clear across the galaxy to save Padmé, they’re back in action.
4. (“Mystery of the Thousand Moons,” S1)—Anakin and Padmé’s Surreptitious Handholding
After the Blue Virus has been contained, Anakin goes to bid a secret farewell to his ailing but recovering Padmé.
3. (“Destroy Malevolence” S1)—Anakin and Padmé reunite
Whoever thought that there would be this much romance while standing on a moving floating train thing?
2. (“Senate Spy,” S2)—Anakin and Padmé’s romantic evening at home
Anakin brings home dinner and Padmé is charmed he thinks of her penthouse as his home as well. Then after dinner they’re making out on the veranda. Curse that signal for interrupting everything!
1. (“Hostage Crisis,” S1)—Anakin and Padmé make out in her office
Bonus: the line “it’s heavier than I thought” when Anakin gives Padmé his lightsaber.