In case you’ve been hiding under a rock this Sunday, here’s the official one sheet for TFA. In spite of it looking rather Struzan-esque, it is not by Drew Struzan. According to MakingStarWars.net, the artist is Bryan Morton, seen here cosplaying as Anakin at the 2007 Rose Bowl Parade!
Some interesting notes:
1. No Luke. I suspect I know why and so do most of you who have read some spoilers.
2. In spite of Luke’s absence, the OT3 get top billing. Most of the rest of the cast is relatively inexperienced and even Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman had enough pull in 1999 not to get buried beneath bigger/more experienced co-stars. Very interestingly enough, Ford is billed ahead of Hamill, which did not happen 1977-1983.
3. Screenplay credits went to Abrams, Kasdan, and Arndt. Arndt probably had to be credited as part of his golden parachute out of the gig.
4. No mention of “George Lucas” anywhere.
5. Over in the space between Finn and Rey’s heads is a Death Star-looking super weapon or space station.
6. Rey’s staff runs parallel right next to Kylo Ren’s lightsaber.
Also released today are some short teasers from tomorrow’s trailer debut:
And an announcementon star wars.com about a SW movie marathon and theater exclusives.