Unaired “Bad Batch” Arc From Clone Wars To Debut At Celebration!

Just hit from starwars.com:

StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that a previously unreleased four-episode story reel, “Bad Batch,” telling the story of how Captain Rex and company rescued Echo, will screen exclusively at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim. The unfinished episodes (similar to the Utapau arc that appeared on StarWars.com) feature complete, final voice performances, specifically by Dee Bradley Baker, who voices the elite clones of “Bad Batch” group.

The screening will take place at the Digital Stage on Friday, April 17, at noon. A Q&A with Filoni, Baker, and writers Brent Friedman and Matt Michnovetz will follow. So mark your calendars, and prepare to welcome back one of the clone army’s greatest warriors!

Add this to your calendars!

Advertisements

Tags:

11 Responses to “Unaired “Bad Batch” Arc From Clone Wars To Debut At Celebration!”

  1. Bob Clark Says:

    Hm. Does airing them in unfinished form mean that Disney isn’t going to pony up to actually… you know… finish them? Because honestly, that just kinda pisses me off even more.

    • peacetrainjedi Says:

      My thoughts exactly. I am both happy this arc will see the light of day in some form, and yet severely disappointed that it was not completed and polished.

  2. Hunk a Junk Says:

    If they won’t finish the episodes as stand-alone Clone Wars episodes, it would be cool if they could somehow incorporate the storyline into a Rebels arc, similar to the way Star Trek’s original “The Cage” pilot was cut into the 2-part episode “The Menagerie.” Maybe Kanan could find a holocron that shows him a flashback or something.

  3. Hunk a Junk Says:

    BTW, reports are coming in that the Digital Editions may have restored Han shooting first in ANH. We’ll see in a few hours.

    • Simon Maxwell Says:

      Reports from Australia are saying that these “digital collection” releases are identical to the blu-ray release. So no change to the Han/Greedo shooting scene.

      • lazypadawan Says:

        When will people stop listening to Devin Faraci?

      • Bob Clark Says:

        What worries me is that he’s still sticking to the story that there are 4K restorations that, among other changes, will have Han shooting first. Now, if these are being done along Lucas’ guidance, then fine. But if this is Disney bringing in the OOT or some half baked fancut as official canon, then that’s troubling not just for saga fans like myself, but for anybody who likes the auteur theory.

      • lazypadawan Says:

        Disney cannot change any of the existing SW films on its own. Fox owns ANH so Disney couldn’t do anything without cooperation from Fox and I can’t imagine Lucas would have not put in some kind of protection about corporate meddling in what’s already been made, especially since he spent the ’80s campaigning against that kind of thing.

        Making Star Wars.net posted an article months ago saying the 4K conversions were rejected:

        http://makingstarwars.net/2014/09/rumor-recent-4k-star-wars-conversions-rejected/

    • madmediaman Says:

      Lucasfilm confirmed these are the 2011 edits of the films. There have been no further alterations.

  4. Tarrlok Says:

    I’m guessing this has something to do with the wayward results of additional genetic modifications.

    Sounds cool. Dee Bradley Baker can serve as a one-man cast all on his own. Hopefully they’ll finish it sometime.

  5. Kathryn “LadyJediScientist” S. Says:

    Yes! One more Clone Wars item to add to my Celebration schedule! 😀 😀

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: